The mission of the Thompson Public Schools Counselor Department is to help all students identify and build upon their strengths and talents. Counselors will work with all students, at each grade level, to develop appropriate personal, social, academic and career goals. In partnership with parents/guardians, school staff, and community agency personnel, counselors will offer a proactive guidance program that will assist all students in becoming life long learners and successful members of society.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the school counselors below.
Counselors assist in planning a program of studies and information concerning the requirements for work, special training, or college is made available.
Since your parent(s)/guardian(s) are interested in your ambitions and plans, be sure to discuss your ideas with them.
Members of the guidance staff welcome the opportunity to discuss your educational and vocational plans with you and your parent(s)/guardian(s).
Every pupil’s daily schedule is constructed on an individual basis so that needs, interests, and abilities are met.
If you are a student in grade 8 and are interested in shadowing a high school student complete the request form here:
Phone: 860-923-9303 ext. 12461
|School Counselor’s Secretary
860-923-9303, ext. 12463
- Assistance in the selection of subjects.
- Adjustment and changing of schedules.
- Adjustment to the school situation.
- Information concerning colleges and schools of advanced training.
- Information regarding careers, job opportunities, military information, and apprenticeships.
- Information regarding financial aid.
- Counseling: drug and alcohol related, personal and family.